Wednesday, July 31, 2013

RIP Hero

Four months ago, If anyone would have asked me if it was possible for me to grow attached to a dog they would have heard a firm NO. No questions asked.

Today I came to find out just how attached I became to our little puppy. He tragically passed while Jaret and I were at work. We are devastated.

With Hero being my first dog ever, he has set the bar so high that its impossible to imagine we could ever get such a perfect little puppy ever again. Sure, he ticked me off once in a while but Jaret and I agreed that for each step back Hero took two steps forward. He was the perfect companion for each one of us.

Last Christmas, Jarets sister offered us a puppy. It took a lot of convincing from multiple people for Jaret to finally get his dream dog but we picked Hero up in March. Jaret had always wanted a dog he could take hiking, biking, and fishing. He was that and more. Jaret loved coming home from work and playing fetch and rough housing with Hero. They cuddled while watching movies. They ran errands together and Hero even went to young men's activities.

Hero was the girls best playmate and victim. They ran in the fields together, played fetch, rolled all over and jumped on him. Holland was constantly tying him up and I don't think Brooklyn could touch him without torturing him...and he took it well. He entertained the kids when they were board.

For me, Hero helped me realize I don't need to be afraid of all dogs, its ok to pet them and even let them sit on my lap. He hardly shed, had a stinkin cute bat face, hardly barked, was great with kids, wasn't too big or too small, and was pretty easy to train. He entertained my kids and husband. He welcomed me home every time I walked through the door and was always excited to go places with me.

Hero- If you can read in dog heaven you should know that Jaret, the kids, and I love you. We are sorry for the moments we took for granted and most of all grateful for the moments we had with you. You enhanced the happiness in our home and you will be missed. You will always hold a special place in our hearts. We wish we could have you back. We will miss the constant attention you attracted on walks, your excitement to be around people and other dogs, your companionship, kisses and all around personality. No words can say what you mean to us, but you probably know. Thanks for being our Hero for a little while. Love US.





No comments: