Saturday, May 4, 2013

DC Cupcakes

After watching an episode of DC Cupcakes, Holland and I decided we needed to bake some of our own lip licking creations. Holland loves to help me bake and cook and after quiet time we got to work. I was feeling adventurous and wanted more then the typical box mix. So, I looked up a cupcake recipe online. When I discovered that I only had a few cupcake inserts left but not enough to bake a batch I dug deep into my brain for instant solutions. The part of my brain oozing with dad frugality lessons was fighting with the mom side of the brained painted with "It's all about presentation!" Dads brainwashing trumped and I found myself lining my muffin tins with ripped up pieces of tin foil. Let it be known that I have no regrets in choosing an instant, creative and even ugly solution over patiently waiting 5 minutes to buy more liners. The cupcakes were delicious and the foil worked! Did I mentioned the cupcakes were delicious? So much better then a cake mix...and pretty easy! Kid tested, loved and licked. Mother approved, satisfied, and overdosed. I feel sick.

No comments: