Monday, July 14, 2014

Determined

I'm feeling overwhelmed but determined.  I quite my job at the Sheriff's office because it was too hard on me and on my family. It was a very hard decision and there is a lot I miss about it but each time I've found myself asking the question, "Did I do the right thing." I've felt, "yes".  I'm at peace with it...especially with all that is going on at home.  I am still working two days a week at Sugar High and Madison Valley Arts but lucky for me I can pick my days and hours.  It's got to be done, but I sure appreciate the idea more now then I used to of being able stay home full time with the kids and get the house clean.

I've appreciated my time of from the Sheriff's office and the same week I finished up there I was released as the Primary President for our Branch.  With the massive work load relief I feel like I've been able to regroup a little bit and take my anxiety back down to a normal level.  The month of June was sooooooooo so so crazy for me. I was working at the Sheriff's Office 2 days per week, Jamberry, Sugar High & Madison Valley Arts on top of being the Primary President, going to a Jamberry Conference, and having our family reunion. Jaret had an employee quit on him so he has not only been doing his 50hrs/week job but her 40hr job on top of that. The anxiety level was so high for us that I could often feel it in my chest for days at a time.

July has been busy enough but not quite as crazy.  This past week I have finally felt mostly normal!  Yay!  I even jumped in and taught the youth Sunday School lesson and Young Womens last minute yesterday. That's a big deal because I've been so tunnel vision that doing anything outside of that tunnel has been non-existent.
So, why am I overwhelmed? In spite of having a few weeks off from my major church responsibilities (I've still been embarrassing myself by playing the piano and just took on being responsible for making sure the missionaries get fed) I was just given another calling. I can't "divulge" the info yet because I haven't been sustained and set apart but I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time.  So, I have a new major calling, I am the Sacrament Pianist, I'm in charge of missionary feedings, I am a Team Manager for Jamberry and am still trying to keep up with the daily responsibilities of that business. I am trying to be a landscaping maniac and recently moved over 170 yards of dirt, seeded 10,000 sq/ft to grow a beautifully grassy yard and planted 17 trees in rocky soil.  I am trying to get my almost five year old ready for Kindergarten, play with my kids and make sure they feel loved, and I just want to deep clean and organize my house...but is that likely to happen?  I hope so!  I am determined!

Going to Jamberry Conference was surprisingly one of the most uplifting and inspiring things I've done!  I was surprised to leave with such a load of excitement, encouragement and tools to having a more positive attitude!  I am using what I learned to make my life a success instead of just surviving.  One of those things is having positive mantras and here are some of mine today: I am a doer. I have God's help and I rely on Him.  Everything is going my way! I am happy!

No comments: