Sunday, March 23, 2014

17 Miracles

As I watched the movie "17 Miracles" with Holland today, I bawled.  The bawling part comes as no surprise to me, those poor pioneers were put through h.....well, you know what I mean.  The part that caught Jaret and I off guard was Holland.  She wanted to watch it. She sat next to me and watched the whole thing.  I can't believe how grown up she is and how much she understood. She asked questions and we talked about the many miracles.  I even ran an ice cube down her poor leg to help her get an idea of how cold it was for the men to carry people across the river for hours.  Numerous times throughout the show I cried.  As tears where flowing down my cheeks Holla ran and grabbed a tissue for me.  Our little Holla is such a sweet heart and so thoughtful.

Part way through the movie I saw an eye lash on Holla's cheek. I told her to make a wish.  Do you know what she wished for?  She wished that the people in the movie would feel better.  My little girl is finding a lot of opportunities to pluck at my heart strings.  I feel so blessed to be taught by such a thoughtful toddler full of innocence and love. I really enjoyed watching this "grown up" movie with my smart little munchkin.  It was just the cup of tea I needed. I love you Holla balla.  I hope to have similar experiences with my little Brookie in the near future.  Love my girls.

I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and his tender mercies that remind me of not only how blessed I am but what others have sacrificed to bring us so many of the blessings we enjoy.  From freedom to doctrine I find myself amazed at the selflessness that many possess.  It's a great example to me and makes me want to be a better person, complain less, serve more and simply be grateful for what I have.  I really have lucked out in this good ol' life of mine...even though luck really has nothing to do with it.

No comments: