Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race


Welp, due to competition I finally got myself off my lazy bum and did something that killed me...but it felt soooo fulfilling.  On top of the physical workout I was reminded of how much a mental workout comes along with exercising.  As you can see, my form of exercise for the day was going for a hike.  I threw Brooklyn in the backpack and Holland in the stroller and slowly made my way up.  Within, literally, 15 yards I was out of breath and wondering what the heck I was doing to myself.  My destination was the "M".  I wont mention how many times I had to stop, but lets just say that it was a miracle I made it to the top...especially with the two kids.  One of my drivers was the feeling that I needed to set the pace for myself.  If I couldn't have a decent workout on day one then I would set my pace at slow.  So, knowing today would rule my destiny (at least to some extent) made me keep going.  The kids were great and serinaded me with their cute little gibber gabber. On the way up Holland got out of the stroller and walked.  I was hoping she would push me up the hill but she hopped right back in after about 10 yards. She did walk a good chunk of our hick on the down hill.  Brooklyn even fell asleep in the carrier on the way down; not long after the picture was taken. I felt bad for my bobble head doll that was getting bumped around but it didn't seem to phase her.  

My hike gave me one of the biggest senses of accomplishment I've had in a long time.  Now that today is over we'll see what kind of will power I've got for my sore muscles tomorrow. 

No comments: